Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"Montage of Heck"

A week ago, Christopher and I were driving home listening to the radio and the announcer says Montage of Heck will be showing at the Egyptian Theater during SIFF for one week only. I couldn't believe it. Montage of Heck is a documentary about Kurt Cobain which aired on HBO and I do not have HBO. I really wanted to see this movie. I mean really. I loved Nirvana back in 1989 when they released Bleach and remember getting the tape cassette and playing it over and over again. My friends and I would go see them play in warehouses to the Portland Ballroom.

After I graduated high school in 1991, I lived in West Hollywood for a short while. I saw Nirvana play at the Whiskey where they announced they would be making a video and invited us to all come. I couldn't believe my good luck that I would be able to do something like be in a Nirvana video.  I remember the first time I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit. You just couldn't get enough of it. For filming purposes, they played the song over and over and over again and I never tired of it. I remember how inclusive Krist Novoselic was. He went around and chatted with everyone in the parking lot as we waited. I will always remember that time in my life.

So here is last week waiting in line.



Thankful!

No comments: